|Issue||DBMS Cache Settings Impact Performance
||The size of the DBMS Cache has a direct impact on performance for lookups, etc especially with native Navision databases.One common example is the delay in searching in Chart of Accounts.And the more records the database has the more important it is that the DMBS settings are increased. Where there are many records the DBMS Cache (KB) to needed to be set to 1000000.
You can check what the current allocation is from Database > Information.
NOTE: Client IT employees are responsible for the below procedure. Open Door does not make changes to client systems.
1. Stop the Navision Database Server service.
2. Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\servername
3. Right Click CACHE and select Modify\
4. Select Decimal
5. In Value data: enter 1000000
6. Reselect Hexadecimal then Ok
7. Start the Navision Database Server service.
DBMS Cache Settings Impact Performance Print
Modified on: Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:32 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.