Modern browsers provide a method of opening a session that does not cache your information or remember your preset authentication. This is handy for ensuring that when you are registering for services that your private information is not cached on the workstation and the like.
IE (Internet Explorer)
Although an older browser, there are certain processes we encourage using this browser for. Such as associating your CustomerSource account with your Organizational/Microsoft account. To open an InPrivate browsing window,
- Run the IE application
- Press the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+P or you can browse the menu to open an InPrivate sessionOlder versions of IE it may look like this:To know you are ready to use the InPrivate you should see an indication in the url address bar:
Chrome is a modern browser and is recommended for use with Dynamics 365 Business Central for performance and stability reasons.
- Run the Chrome browser application (You can download and install from https://www.google.com)
- Press the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+N or you can browse the menu to open an Incognito session
The browser will identify that it is incognito and a hat with goggles should appear in the menu bar too.
Edge is Microsoft's modern browser.
- Run the Edge application
- Press the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+P or you can browse the menu to open an InPrivate window
- To know you are ready to use the InPrivate you will see an blue indicator to the left of the tab at the top of the window.