Communications Credits are a convenient way to pay for Audio Conferencing and Calling Plan minutes. It helps ensure you and your users are never caught without being able to:
Add toll-free numbers to use with Audio Conferencing meetings, auto attendants, or call queues. Toll-free calls are billed per minute and require a positive Communications Credits balance.
Dialing out from an Audio Conference meeting to add someone else from anywhere in the world.
Dialing out from an Audio Conference meeting to your mobile phone with the Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams app installed to destinations that aren't already included in your subscription.
Dial any international phone number when you have Domestic Calling Plan subscriptions.
Dial international phone numbers beyond what is included in a Domestic and International Calling Plan subscription.
Dial out and pay per minute once you have exhausted your monthly minute allotment.
For Communication Credits, you will purchase directly from Microsoft as follow:
- In your Office 365 admin portal (https://portal.office.com/AdminPortal), go to Billing and select Purchase services
- In Purchase services, click on Add-ons (bottom of the page)
- Once you are in Add-ons, select Communication Credits product
- There, you can add funds to the Communication Credits pool with your corporate credit card.
It is recommended to enable Auto-recharge option so that it will auto top up the pool when the balance falls below a certain amount.
- Once you complete the purchase, you can assign the Communication Credits “license” to the users. All users who are assigned these licenses will share the Credits pool