New Signature Sizing
Modified on: Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:01 PM
Obtain the signatures:
- Provide client with signature template for signing (see attachment).
- Obtain signed signature template from client and review to ensure you have good quality signatures to start with (dark, clear, within the lines).
Scan the template:
- Scan using resolution = 150 DPI (used default settings for HP3330-LaserJet All-in-One) and save to a *.bmp file.
Prepare and edit the individual signatures:
- Use screen capture program (I used OneNote screen clipping functionality) to capture the entire signature block including borders being careful to get just the borders.
- Open MS Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) and Copy/Paste the screen clipping from OneNote to Paint.
- Then use Image > Attributes to change the Width = 470 and Height = 92
- Use the eraser tool in Paint to erase the borders from the scanned image.
- Use Select tool in Paint to select the actual signature and then center it vertically and horizontally.
- Use File > Save As to save the file as a 24-bit Bitmap (*.bmp,*.dib) file.
- Close Paint.
- Open the file using IrfanView (free picture viewer/editing software available from the web (www.irfanview.com)
- Use Image > Resize/Resample and change the DPI setting to 200.
- Save the file.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.